About the author
Mallorie Vaudoise is a Brooklyn-based spiritualist of Italian descent. She studies Southern Italian music and dance with world-renowned folk artist Alessandra Belloni. She believes that music, food, wine, and kissing are vital tools of spiritual evolution.
Media & Events
- Teen Vogue: How to Make Friday the 13th Good Luck Charms (July 12, 2018)
- A Night of Folk Necromancy: Naples is for Necromancers (June 26, 2018)
- Bespoken Bones: Ancestors and Italian Folk Magic (November 2, 2017)
- La Brigata di Notte: Italian folk-magic, from the South to the States (September 5, 2017)
- New Jack Witch: Vanessa Irena & Mallorie Vaudoise Talk Saints (August 28, 2017)
- Italian American Podcast 44: Italian folk magic, ancestors, and you: Mallorie Vaudoise on cultivating a spiritual connection to your heritage (July 9, 2017)
- Spiritual Alchemy Show: Italian Folk Magic with Mallorie Vaudoise (June 15, 2017)
- (Live event) Lady Parts: Milk, Bone, and Blood in Italian Folk Magic (June 1, 2017)
- Rune Soup: Talking Folk Saints & Black Madonnas with Mallorie Vaudoise (February 2, 2017)
Italian Folk Magic is a labor of love: my love which has been fed by the loves of many beautiful souls.
First, I must thank my ancestors, who sacrificed so much so that I would live a better life than they could. And along with them, I thank my living family for their fearless acceptance of all this weird business.
I thank my tarantella teacher, Alessandra Belloni, for sharing with me the music, dance, and spirituality of our people.
I thank my godfather Baba José and my ojugbona Jesse Hathaway Diaz for sharing with me the profound blessing that is Orisha.
I thank my husband, diviner and doctor of history Alexander Cummins, for his support and inspiration.
And I thank my friends and co-conspirators, chief among them musician Vanessa Irena, my beloved godbrother Demetrius LaCroix, perfumer-alchemist Asc Helvetius, multimedia artist Dena Rose, and living portal to the faerie realm Albo Südekum. Without your kind words throughout the years, none of this would be.